From: janwillem on
I am trying to analyze mailboxes using an iterator:
for key, message in mbox.iteritems():

When message is a simple mail message['date'] results the date.
When, however, it is a multipart message this results in None. How can
you full proof get the "date", "from" and "to" of of a multipart mail
using python?
Thanks janwillem

From: Tim Roberts on
janwillem <jwevandijk(a)xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I am trying to analyze mailboxes using an iterator:
> for key, message in mbox.iteritems():
>
>When message is a simple mail message['date'] results the date.
>When, however, it is a multipart message this results in None. How can
>you full proof get the "date", "from" and "to" of of a multipart mail
>using python?

Perhaps you should post your code. There's no particular reason why you
should see this. The mailbox iterator should return the outer multipart
container, which has the headers.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: janwillem on
On Apr 14, 8:26 am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
> janwillem <jwevand...(a)xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to analyze mailboxes using an iterator:
> >    for key, message in mbox.iteritems():
>
> >When message is a simple mail message['date']  results the date.
> >When, however, it is a multipart message this results in None. How can
> >you full proof get the "date", "from" and "to" of of a multipart mail
> >using python?
>
> Perhaps you should post your code.  There's no particular reason why you
> should see this.  The mailbox iterator should return the outer multipart
> container, which has the headers.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...(a)probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thanks Tim,
There you have a point, after I find it is a multipart message I dive
into it recursively and so loose the outer header info. That was all.