From: Diana on
I have a vlookup table like so:

234, 112
911, 999
260/1, 888
9W2, 777
..
etc..

The lookup works fine when there is text, ie. if I pass in "9W2", it returns
777 as expected. It does not work where there are only numbers eg. 234, it
doesn't recognise that it should return 112.

I have tried to make it treat it as text but nothing works.

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Lets see your formula. Vlookup doesn't care if it is text or a number.
Using your example it works fine for me... I am guessing the lookup value
does not match but may seem to look the same.

Try something like =A1=C1 for a True or False, where A1 is the 234 lookup
value and C1 is the 234 in the table.

HTH
Regards,
Howard