From: Dave Hansen on
On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 11:11 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > That changes a few things. I bet all the contention we were seeing was
> > just from nr_to_scan=0 calls and not from actual shrink operations.
> > Perhaps we should just stop this set after patch 4.
> >

> At the very least, we should re-measure things.

Sure. I'll go back to the folks that found this in the first place and
see how these patches affect the contention we were seeing.

-- Dave

From: Avi Kivity on
On 06/22/2010 07:32 PM, Dave Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 11:11 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
>
>>> That changes a few things. I bet all the contention we were seeing was
>>> just from nr_to_scan=0 calls and not from actual shrink operations.
>>> Perhaps we should just stop this set after patch 4.
>>>

>> At the very least, we should re-measure things.
>>
> Sure. I'll go back to the folks that found this in the first place and
> see how these patches affect the contention we were seeing.

Dave, how did those tests go?

signature is too narrow to contain.

From: Dave Hansen on
On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 07:36 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:

> >> At the very least, we should re-measure things.
> >>
> > Sure. I'll go back to the folks that found this in the first place and
> > see how these patches affect the contention we were seeing.
>
> Dave, how did those tests go?

Still waiting on the folks that found this in the first place to
reproduce it and see if the patches help. I'll go nudge them some more.

-- Dave

From: Avi Kivity on
On 07/22/2010 08:36 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:

>> Dave, how did those tests go?
>>
> Still waiting on the folks that found this in the first place to
> reproduce it and see if the patches help. I'll go nudge them some more.

The merge window is coming up soon, and I'd like these patches to go in.

signature is too narrow to contain.