From: Ryan Liu on
Hi,

I have a web page to let user to define customized report. For now, just one
and two dimension reports.

And db has 11 entity tables, and a few tables to join them togeter. 11
entity joined in different path, in different way (1:m. m:m), directly and
in-directly.

Now the problem is the user want each dimension base on any entity.

Then I ned generate P(11,1) + P(11.2) = 11*1 + 11*10 = 121 combinations of
group by .
Multiple what to report (count(sth) , Sum(this), Sum(that)), I need
generate 363 reports.

The web page, in users eys, is so simple, just 3 dropdowns and one generate
button.
Is there a smart/geneic way to generate thos reports?

Or I have to write 363 sql querys or nHibernate querys, or write 363 rpt
files or rdls files?

I mean, those 4 ways maybe different at effort needed for one report, but I
have no way to get away the need to deal it 363 times?

Thanks for any advice?
Liu