From: Xiangfu Liu on
Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> Hi Dmitry
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Historically our KEY_* definitions did not include defines for symbols
>> like '@' because they do not have a dedicated key but rather being
>> produced as a combination of a primary key + modifier; the mapping is
>> done either in console driver or in X.
>>
>> Looking at the picture of the device that you provided it appears that
>> your device does not have a dedicated '@' key so it should work in the
>> same fashion as above.
>>

> since we don't have X now. I google about this. I don't know how to
> modify the console driver. can you tell me which file I need look
> into? thanks.
>
> I found an another method. we use busybox in rootfs. the busybox have
> command [dumpkmap] [loadkmap] [showkey],
>
> -----------
> in host system run :
> /usr/bin/dumpkeys > normal_keymap
> /usr/bin/loadkeys funky_mini_keyboard_keymap
> /usr/bin/busybox dumpkmap > funky_mini_keyboard_keymap.bin
> /usr/bin/loadkeys normal_keymap
>
> then in target system run
> "loadkmap funky_mini_keyboard_keymap.bin"
> -----------
>
> in our device have a two special keys
> [RED UP POINT] keycode is 94
> [QI] keycode is 93

can I modify this function matrix_keyboard.c:103
static void matrix_keypad_scan(struct work_struct *work)
to detect the combination keys?
like:
1. if press the compose keys [RED UP POINT] just record
2. if next press the 'w'. will report '@' to OS.

if it's possible. how to report '@' to OS.
I saw the source code is always report the keycode.

thanks for help
--
Xiangfu Liu
Email: xiangfu at qi-hardware dot com