From: Chugm 456789 on
Hallo everybody,

I try to write a script that checks my gmails automatically. But when I
try to submit the login form, I get the exception 404 =>
Net::HTTPNotFound. Can anyone help?

Code is:

@LoginUrl = 'http://mail.google.com/mail/'
@agent = Mechanize.new
@agent.keep_alive = false
@agent.user_agent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de;
rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6'
@agent.follow_meta_refresh = true
@agent.redirect_ok = true
@agent.ca_file = 'cacert.pem'

login_page = @agent.get(@LoginUrl)

begin
login_form = login_page.forms.first
login_form.Email = account
login_form.Passwd = password

login_response_page = @agent.submit login_form

rescue Exception => e
print e, "\n"
end

Thanks in advance!

From: thiago damasceno on

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Chugm 456789 <chugm456789(a)googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hallo everybody,
>
> I try to write a script that checks my gmails automatically. But when I
> try to submit the login form, I get the exception 404 =>
> Net::HTTPNotFound. Can anyone help?
>
> Code is:
>
> @LoginUrl = 'http://mail.google.com/mail/'
> @agent = Mechanize.new
> @agent.keep_alive = false
> @agent.user_agent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de;
> rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6'
> @agent.follow_meta_refresh = true
> @agent.redirect_ok = true
> @agent.ca_file = 'cacert.pem'
>
> login_page = @agent.get(@LoginUrl)
>
> begin
> login_form = login_page.forms.first
> login_form.Email = account
> login_form.Passwd = password
>
> login_response_page = @agent.submit login_form
>
> rescue Exception => e
> print e, "\n"
> end
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi,

try this:

@agent.submit(login_form,login_form.button_with(:name => "SignIn"))

I'm not sure about the name of the button but you get the idea

From: Chugm 456789 on
thiago damasceno wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Chugm 456789
> <chugm456789(a)googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> @agent.keep_alive = false
>> login_form.Email = account
>> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>>

> Hi,
>
> try this:
>
> @agent.submit(login_form,login_form.button_with(:name => "SignIn"))
>
> I'm not sure about the name of the button but you get the idea

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I tried it your way, bt it didn't help. Still get
the exception. Seems the agent doesn't know the form, wehn he tries to
submit it. But it doesn't make sence anyway.

From: thiago damasceno on

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Chugm 456789 <chugm456789(a)googlemail.com>wrote:

> thiago damasceno wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Chugm 456789
> > <chugm456789(a)googlemail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> @agent.keep_alive = false
> >> login_form.Email = account
> >> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > try this:
> >
> > @agent.submit(login_form,login_form.button_with(:name => "SignIn"))
> >
> > I'm not sure about the name of the button but you get the idea
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply. I tried it your way, bt it didn't help. Still get
> the exception. Seems the agent doesn't know the form, wehn he tries to
> submit it. But it doesn't make sence anyway.

Hi,

I've looked up and the name of the button is "signIn". I did a little test
here and everything went fine. Try checking the name.

From: Chugm 456789 on
thiago damasceno wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Chugm 456789
> <chugm456789(a)googlemail.com>wrote:
>

>> submit it. But it doesn't make sence anyway.
>> --
>>

> Hi,
>
> I've looked up and the name of the button is "signIn". I did a little
> test
> here and everything went fine. Try checking the name.

Hey there,

still same problem. I now tried another OS (tested now with Win2k and
XP). Which OS you take?