From: naveen yadav on
Hi all,

I need small clarification, If I have a kernel module and in init I
create some memory using vmalloc. and i do not free it. I exit from
the module.

what happen to this allocated memory. Will kernel handle it and do free.

Regards
Naveen
From: Dan Carpenter on
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 04:14:22PM +0530, naveen yadav wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need small clarification, If I have a kernel module and in init I
> create some memory using vmalloc. and i do not free it. I exit from
> the module.
>
> what happen to this allocated memory. Will kernel handle it and do free.

No. You need to free your memory explicitly.

regards,
dan carpenter