From: dark.hero on
Hi all

I need a cross-platform (linux, win) library for reading lyrics of a midi
file.
I have tried portmidi, rtmidi, libjdkmidi, sdl_mixer, allegro, FMOD with
no success (T_T)

I have to parse a midi file to obtain MetaEvents (which contain Lyrics).

A source code example is really appreciated

Thanks

From: Rune Allnor on
On 21 Jan, 14:15, "dark.hero" <saras...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need a cross-platform (linux, win) library for reading lyrics of a midi
> file.
> I have tried portmidi, rtmidi, libjdkmidi, sdl_mixer, allegro, FMOD with
> no success (T_T)
>
> I have to parse a midi file to obtain MetaEvents (which contain Lyrics).
>
> A source code example is really appreciated

What's the problem? To find a library that is portable
across the platforms of interest? Or to find code that
extracts the lyrics from the data?

Rune

From: dark.hero on
>On 21 Jan, 14:15, "dark.hero" <saras...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I need a cross-platform (linux, win) library for reading lyrics of a
midi
>> file.
>> I have tried portmidi, rtmidi, libjdkmidi, sdl_mixer, allegro, FMOD
with
>> no success (T_T)
>>
>> I have to parse a midi file to obtain MetaEvents (which contain
Lyrics).

>> A source code example is really appreciated
>
>What's the problem? To find a library that is portable
>across the platforms of interest? Or to find code that
>extracts the lyrics from the data?
>
>Rune

I need a code or a library that extracts lyrics and time from a midi
file.

like this

Ms Text
10221 We
11434 Will
13001 Rock

or a library that can play midi files and send me lyrics events

FMOD have a bug, so I cannot use it
http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44382#44382

Meanwhile I have tried this http://freshmeat.net/projects/midilib/
but it returns incorrect event times

Thanks
From: dark.hero on
>>On 21 Jan, 14:15, "dark.hero" <saras...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I need a cross-platform (linux, win) library for reading lyrics of a
>midi
>>> file.
>>> I have tried portmidi, rtmidi, libjdkmidi, sdl_mixer, allegro, FMOD
>with
>>> no success (T_T)
>>>
>>> I have to parse a midi file to obtain MetaEvents (which contain
>Lyrics).
>>>
>>> A source code example is really appreciated
>>
>>What's the problem? To find a library that is portable
>>across the platforms of interest? Or to find code that
>>extracts the lyrics from the data?
>>
>>Rune
>>

>I need a code or a library that extracts lyrics and time from a midi
>file.
>
>like this
>
>Ms Text
>10221 We
>11434 Will
>13001 Rock
>..
>
>or a library that can play midi files and send me lyrics events
>
>FMOD have a bug, so I cannot use it
>http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44382#44382
>
>Meanwhile I have tried this http://freshmeat.net/projects/midilib/
>but it returns incorrect event times
>

>Thanks

Help

From: Rune Allnor on
On 3 Feb, 11:57, "dark.hero" <saras...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >midi
> >with

> >Lyrics).

> >>What's the problem? To find a library that is portable
> >>across the platforms of interest? Or to find code that
> >>extracts the lyrics from the data?
>
> >>Rune
>
> >I need a code or a library that extracts lyrics and time from a midi
> >file.
>
> >like this
>
> >Ms    Text
> >10221 We
> >11434 Will
> >13001 Rock
> >..
>
> >or a library that can play midi files and send me lyrics events
>
> >FMOD have a bug, so I cannot use it
> >http://www.fmod.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44382#44382
>
> >Meanwhile I have tried thishttp://freshmeat.net/projects/midilib/
> >but it returns incorrect event times
>
> >Thanks
>
> Help

I don't know the midi format, so I don't understand what
is in there and what is not.

If an already existing transcript of the lyrics is somehow
encoded in the midi file, then this is a fairly simple
problem - just a matter of finding a description of the midi
file format and code up whatever is needed to extract the
transcript.

However, if you mean that you somehow want to use the midi
file as a sound decription and then have an 'artifical ear'
that interpret the sound, detect and extract the human voice
and then, at the end, produce a transcript of the lyrics,
then don't hold your breath.

To do that, one would need to replicate the workings of the
human auditory system in minute detail, which at present
is very, very far away from being even remotely feasible.

Rune

Pages: 1
Prev: QPSK Communication
Next: Asymmetric FIR Filtering