From: ralf.schaa on
is there a typo in the listing of the example on page 88 in the second
line of "program main" ?

module proc_component_example
[...]

program main
use proc_component_example
use iso_fortran_env, only :: output_unit
^^^^
[...]

cheers
-ralf

From: ralf.schaa on
On Dec 27, 4:02 pm, "ralf.schaa" <ralf.sc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a typo in the listing of the example on page 88 in the second
> line of "program main" ?
>
> module proc_component_example
> [...]
>
> program main
> use proc_component_example
> use iso_fortran_env, only :: output_unit
>                                    ^^^^
> [...]
>
> cheers
> -ralf

sorry, my error-indicators shifted to the right after posting: the
typo I am referring to is the double-colon after 'only ::'
From: Richard Maine on
ralf.schaa <ralf.schaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> is there a typo in the listing of the example on page 88 in the second
> line of "program main" ?
> use iso_fortran_env, only :: output_unit

Yes. The double colon should be just a single one.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: frank on
Richard Maine wrote:
> ralf.schaa <ralf.schaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> is there a typo in the listing of the example on page 88 in the second
>> line of "program main" ?
>> use iso_fortran_env, only :: output_unit
>
> Yes. The double colon should be just a single one.

That could be a crushing error for me, if I had to rely on its
correctness. What else is dangerously wrong with the source listings in
this book as of 1-11-10?
--
FRANK
From: Colin Watters on

"frank" <frank(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
> Richard Maine wrote:
>> ralf.schaa <ralf.schaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> is there a typo in the listing of the example on page 88 in the second
>>> line of "program main" ?
>>> use iso_fortran_env, only :: output_unit
>>
>> Yes. The double colon should be just a single one.
>>

> That could be a crushing error for me, if I had to rely on its
> correctness.

....really? Why?

--
Qolin