From: David Howells on
Oleg Nesterov <oleg(a)redhat.com> wrote:

> According to grep, get_nr_threads() becomes the only user of sig->count.

Are these two patches going upstream in this window?

David
From: Oleg Nesterov on
On 05/21, David Howells wrote:

> Oleg Nesterov <oleg(a)redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > According to grep, get_nr_threads() becomes the only user of sig->count.
>
> Are these two patches going upstream in this window?

We should ask Andrew.

But personally I'd like to see them in 2.6.35. These changes allows
us to do more cleanups/improvements.

As for sizeof(int) added to signal_struct. I still hope we can kill
this "int nr_threads" later. Even if not, with these changes we can
move, say, ->group_leader from task_struct to signal_struct and kill
signal->leader_pid.

Oleg.

From: Andrew Morton on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 11:08:16 +0100 David Howells <dhowells(a)redhat.com> wrote:

> Oleg Nesterov <oleg(a)redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > According to grep, get_nr_threads() becomes the only user of sig->count.
>
> Are these two patches going upstream in this window?

Sure, unless there's a reason not to do this?
From: David Howells on
Andrew Morton <akpm(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Sure, unless there's a reason not to do this?

Not that I know of. I was just checking (I'd like to get them out of my patch
stack one way or another).

David