From: Minchan Kim on
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Arve Hjønnevåg <arve(a)android.com> wrote:
> This fixes a problem where the first pageblock got marked MIGRATE_RESERVE even
> though it only had a few free pages. This in turn caused no contiguous memory
> to be reserved and frequent kswapd wakeups that emptied the caches to get more
> contiguous memory.

It would be better to add following your description of previous mail thread.
It can help others understand it in future.

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 05:59:00PM -0700, Arve Hj?nnev?g wrote:
"I think this happens by default on arm. The kernel starts at offset
0x8000 to leave room for boot parameters, and in recent kernel
versions (>~2.6.26-29) this memory is freed."

--
Kind regards,
Minchan Kim