From: Linus Torvalds on

On Mon, 3 May 2010, Rik van Riel wrote:

> migrate.c requires rmap to be able to find all ptes mapping a page at
> all times, otherwise the migration entry can be instantiated, but it
> can't be removed if the second rmap_walk fails to find the page.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this patch looks like pure and utter
garbage.

It looks like it makes execve() do a totally insane "create and then
immediately destroy temporary vma and anon_vma chain" for a case that is
unlikely to ever matter.

In fact, for a case that isn't even normally _enabled_, namely migration.

Why would we want to slow down execve() for that?

Linus