From: Nick Piggin on
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 06:56:31PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Some powerpc code needs to ensure that all previous iounmap/vunmap has
> really been flushed out of the MMU hash table. Without that, various
> hotplug operations may fail when trying to return those pieces to
> the hypervisor due to existing active mappings.
>
> This exports purge_vmap_area_lazy() to allow the powerpc code to perform
> that purge when unplugging devices.

You want vm_unmap_aliases(), which also flushes entries in the
per-cpu vmap allocator (and is already exported for other code
that has similar problems).

Thanks,
Nick

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt on

> You want vm_unmap_aliases(), which also flushes entries in the
> per-cpu vmap allocator (and is already exported for other code
> that has similar problems).

Ok, I missed that one. I'll update my patch. Thanks.

Cheers,
Ben.

From: MJ embd on
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh(a)kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Some powerpc code needs to ensure that all previous iounmap/vunmap has
> really been flushed out of the MMU hash table. Without that, various
> hotplug operations may fail when trying to return those pieces to
> the hypervisor due to existing active mappings.
Are you talking about KVM or any other hypervisor ?