From: John Corry on
My apologies, this is not strictly PHP...but it is relevant to a great
number of PHP application frameworks that many of us use or will use.

I have a Magento installation that relies heavily on mod_rewrite. For the
most part, I have all of my canonical URLs worked out, minus one issue.

How do I make sure that https:// requests for / are redirected to http:// /
?

I've got a rule already that strips the index.php off of requests, so I
don't want to check for that...just want to check for requests for the
https:// version of my root home page and redirect to the non-secure
version.

I suck with regex and all of my attempts to modify examples I've found have
failed.
--
John Corry
PHP developer - 3by400, Inc
From: Kim Emax on
Hey John

2009/12/1 John Corry <jcorry.lists(a)gmail.com>

> My apologies, this is not strictly PHP...but it is relevant to a great
> number of PHP application frameworks that many of us use or will use.

Well, still, you should ask in an apache forum :-)

I´ve once solved that by the virtualhost block (http://webmail var directed
to https://webmail)

> I've got a rule already that strips the index.php off of requests, so I
> don't want to check for that...just want to check for requests for the
> https:// version of my root home page and redirect to the non-secure
> version.
>
> I suck with regex and all of my attempts to modify examples I've found have
> failed.

well, ^means start of line, but the rewrites I´ve got examples of and are
using at work says ^admin so that´s cleary the query_string, not the entire
URL. (I haven´t used mod_rewite at all until this week...)

And as I see it nothing come close to what you want here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html, so maybe it´s not
possible?

or you do this: RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://yoursite.com$1

This should catch everything in the query_string and save it in $1, maybe
that works?

Kind regards
Kim