From: Rusty Russell on
Hi Jon,

Since waiting module removal was never implemented in modprobe, I wonder
if we should simply get rid of it? (It's implemented in rmmod only).
Unused code is buggy code, and there doesn't seem to be a demand for removing
modules "at some time in the future".

Thoughts?
Rusty.
From: Jon Masters on
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 22:55 +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:

> Since waiting module removal was never implemented in modprobe, I wonder
> if we should simply get rid of it? (It's implemented in rmmod only).
> Unused code is buggy code, and there doesn't seem to be a demand for removing
> modules "at some time in the future".
>
> Thoughts?

I'll think some more after coffee this morning but my first instinct is
"sure, few people care about module removal anyway any more" :)

Jon.