From: Jo-Anne on
I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen monitor. I'm
running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can change the brightness
(and contrast) with software, or do I have to do it on the monitor itself? I
went through Display properties but couldn't find anything there.

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

From: Shenan Stanley on
Jo-Anne wrote:
> I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen
> monitor. I'm running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can
> change the brightness (and contrast) with software, or do I have to
> do it on the monitor itself? I went through Display properties but
> couldn't find anything there.

Both are possible - dependent on the monitor/video card and software
installed.

Most of the monitor controls will be part of the on-screen menu.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Jo-Anne on
"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jo-Anne wrote:
>> I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen
>> monitor. I'm running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can
>> change the brightness (and contrast) with software, or do I have to
>> do it on the monitor itself? I went through Display properties but
>> couldn't find anything there.
>
> Both are possible - dependent on the monitor/video card and software
> installed.
>
> Most of the monitor controls will be part of the on-screen menu.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Thank you, Shenan! But what on-screen menu should I look for?

Jo-Anne