From: hehehe on
Hello!

I`d like to know there is any possible way to mount xfs 64kb blocksize
partition on linux? beacouse if i try to :

mount -t xfs /dev/sdb1 /mnt/1

i have :

mount: Function not implemented

regards - MJ

From: J G Miller on
On Thursday, June 24th, 2010 at 17:53:58h +0200, HeHeHe the laughing Idiot asked:

> I`d like to know there is any possible way to mount xfs 64kb blocksize
> partition on linux?

Do you have the necessary kernel support for XFS file systems,
either built in, or as a loadable module?

Have you installed the necessary user level software (xfsprogs) to support
XFS file systems and mount XFS file systems?
From: hehehe on

Użytkownik "J G Miller" <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> napisał w wiadomości
> On Thursday, June 24th, 2010 at 17:53:58h +0200, HeHeHe the laughing Idiot
> asked:
>
>> I`d like to know there is any possible way to mount xfs 64kb blocksize
>> partition on linux?
>
> Do you have the necessary kernel support for XFS file systems,
> either built in, or as a loadable module?
>
> Have you installed the necessary user level software (xfsprogs) to support
> XFS file systems and mount XFS file systems?

everything you said yes, but still cannot mount...

From: J G Miller on
On Saturday, June 26th, 2010 at 08:51:39h +0200,
HeHeHe the Laughing Idiot explained:

> everything you said yes, but still cannot mount...

So if you cat /proc/filesystems you do see xfs in the list?

According to

<http://www.linuxquestions.ORG/questions/fedora-35/fedora-12-mounting-realtime-xfs-from-direct-tv-dvr-hr22-sata-drive-788117/>

if mounting an xfs file system results in the error message

"Function not implemented"

the solution is

QUOTE
I recompiled the kernel with XFS Realtime Enabled
UNQUOTE

Hopefully this will cure your problem.
From: hehehe on

> On Saturday, June 26th, 2010 at 08:51:39h +0200,
> HeHeHe the Laughing Idiot explained:
>>
>> everything you said yes, but still cannot mount...
>
> So if you cat /proc/filesystems you do see xfs in the list?
>
> According to
>
> <http://www.linuxquestions.ORG/questions/fedora-35/fedora-12-mounting-realtime-xfs-from-direct-tv-dvr-hr22-sata-drive-788117/>
>
> if mounting an xfs file system results in the error message
>
> "Function not implemented"
>
> the solution is
>
> QUOTE
> I recompiled the kernel with XFS Realtime Enabled
> UNQUOTE
>
> Hopefully this will cure your problem.

cat /proc/filesystems - i see xfs

and i can mount filesystem but when block size is less than 4kb.... when
blocksize is more than 4kb i see :
"Function not implemented"
so i dont think that i need "XFS Realtime Enabled" in kernel...