From: lallen on
I thought I posted this problem last night, but I can't find it anywhere. My
apologies if I've posted it twice.

I moved some macros to a new workbook, so they could be shared amongst
multiple workbooks. In order to run the code in the new location, I changed
the worksheet_activate sub in the originating sheet as follows:

from Call Macro1("Parm1")
to Application.Run "'_Workbook2.xls'!Macro1(""Parm1"")"

Now some of the code doesn't work. For example:

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Columns("A:I").ClearContents ' does nothing
.Cells(10, 3) = "line 1" ' works
End With

From: Barb Reinhardt on
See note BELOW
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"lallen" wrote:

> I thought I posted this problem last night, but I can't find it anywhere. My
> apologies if I've posted it twice.
>
> I moved some macros to a new workbook, so they could be shared amongst
> multiple workbooks. In order to run the code in the new location, I changed
> the worksheet_activate sub in the originating sheet as follows:
>
> from Call Macro1("Parm1")
> to Application.Run "'_Workbook2.xls'!Macro1(""Parm1"")"
>
> Now some of the code doesn't work. For example:

' What is the ACTIVEBOOK here.
'I'm betting it's not what you think it is.

> With Worksheets("Sheet1")
> .Columns("A:I").ClearContents ' does nothing
> .Cells(10, 3) = "line 1" ' works
> End With

Pages: 1
Prev: Worksheets and Events