From: jonesy on
We have moved a mail account from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, but
since the move it has had problems with external messages. When
sending a message to an external address, it shows up as the IMCEAEX
address. If you try to reply to this message, it says the recipient
name is not recognised. If you try and send to the SMTP address, you
get an NDR with the message the email account does not exist at the
organisation this message was sent to.

Any ideas?

From: Vicnice on
Not sure about that IMCEAEX but how about doing exchange task and deleting
the SMTP object and recreating it?

From: John Fullbright on
IMCEA encapsulation is uses to send over the smtp protocol when the user
does not have an SMTP address. I'd guess that the address being
encapsulated is the old 5.5 directory name. Assign the user an SMTP
address. Create a custom address of the type X500, and make it the old 5.5
directory name.

From: jonesy on
I am not sure that I understand this. The account has an SMTP address
(in fact, it has 2 - I created another one for it), and from the 5.5
site, both SMTP addresses show up.

Do you mean that I need to manually add a new X500 address to it, which
contains the same directory name as the 5.5 site shows for the address?