From: charles on
***
Looking for some best practices / suggestions ...
***

I have inherited an "internal" sendmail relay that I am in the process
of moving to postfix.
The relay processes about 20-30k messages a day.

I have followed:
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall

Question 1:
---------------------
This "internal" relay was put in for "system" messages and does not
allow attachments. Attachments are stripped by mimedefang.

Would like to strip attachments the Postfix way using Ralf
Hilderbrandt's suggestion:

http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/mime_header_checks.regexp

main.cf :
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checks.regexp

file: mime_header_checks.regexp
---
/filename=\"?(.*)\.(bat|chm|cmd|com|do|exe|hta|jse|rm|scr|pif|vbe|vbs|vxd|xl)\"?$/
REJECT For security reasons we reject attachments of this type
/^\s*Content-(Disposition|Type).*name\s*=\s*"?(.+\.(lnk|asd|hlp|ocx|reg|bat|c[ho]m|cmd|exe|dll|vxd|pif|scr|hta|jse?|sh[mbs]|vb[esx]|ws[fh]|wav|mov|wmf|xl))"?\s*$/
REJECT Attachment type not allowed. File "$2" has the unacceptable
extension "$3"
---
---------------------

Question 2:
---------------------

The sendmail mailterable that has some specific entries
but most go to one outbound relay.

sendmail mailertable
----------------------
..net
..com
..org
host1 relay:host1-relay
hostn relay:hostn-relay
---------------------

Is there a postfix transport "wild-card" to specify these
and then just put my "exceptions" in like:

postfix transport:
-------------------------------
host1 smtp:[host1-relay]
hostn smtp:[hostn-relay]

(wildcard) smtp:[main-relay]
(wildcard) smtp:[my-relay]
--------------------------------

The relay that "can" relay directly to the outside, but only a few thing
domains go directly to the Internet most go to the main relay.
For the ones that go out directly, what is the best way to specify
those?

Thx
Charles
From: charles on