From: Matthew Garrett on
On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 03:28:56PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> Add threeg sysfs file for support query 3G state by standard 66/62 ec
> command, the MSI standard ec interface supported this feature.

No. Just use the rfkill interface.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(a)srcf.ucam.org
From: Matthew Garrett on
On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 03:47:00PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:36:16PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 03:28:56PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> >
> > > Add threeg sysfs file for support query 3G state by standard 66/62 ec
> > > command, the MSI standard ec interface supported this feature.
> >
> > No. Just use the rfkill interface.
>
> Does rfkill support 3G? I thought it was only for wireless (80211)
> stuff.

rfkill has types for the majority of radios. A later patch adds the 3g
rfkill device, so this one should just be dropped - there's no reason to
add a non-standard radio control file now.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(a)srcf.ucam.org
From: Matthew Garrett on
On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 08:25:38AM -0700, Joey Lee wrote:

> So, "wwan" does not mean "3g"? or 3g is included in "wwan"?
> And, does the "non-standard radio control file" mean like "threeg",
> "wlan" or "bluetooth" in /sys/devices/platform/xxxxx ?

wwan includes 3g, so it's the appropriate type to use here. The
non-standard ones are the threeg, wlan and bluetooth files.

> In current x86/platform, there have a bit driver still used the
> "non-standard control file". Does that mean we need replace all of
> those control files by rfkill interface?

Those are holdovers from before the rfkill interface was usable - we
should probably be deprecating them. I /think/ all the drivers that
provide them also provide an rfkill interface now, but if not we should
probably port them.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(a)srcf.ucam.org