From: Merlene on
Excel xp (2002)

I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets for multiple
users. Basically they are going to copy and paste names into column A of
this spreadsheet and add a date in column B and a location in Column C.
Their name will already be listed in Column D.

All columns will be the same for each worksheet for each user.

I would like to link all the worksheets to feed a single worksheet which
will comprise a list of all that each has entered on their individual
spreadsheets. This much I know how to do...

The kicker comes when I want to make sure that none of them duplicates an
entry, either on their own sheet or from the combined one. I am losing my
mind trying to figure out how to manage this. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I would consider myself very familiar with Excel, not an
expert, but I can get around it pretty well. I'm not versed a lot with
Macros but I'm a quick study.

Thanks in advance.
Merlene
From: Gord Dibben on
By duplicate do you mean just on their own sheet or a duplicate of something
on someone else's sheet?

Easy enough to prevent duplicates on their own sheet using Data Validation.

See Chip Pearson's site for that.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.aspx

No duplicates across sheets would be more difficult.

I suppose you could highlight the duplicates when they reach the Master
sheet

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP