From: Bryan Wu on
On 07/23/2010 05:53 PM, David Brownell wrote:
> Are you sure this doesn't break the hardware
> initialization sequencing on some chips?

We tested on our Beagle board C3/C4 board and will test that on Beagle XM board
and OMAP4 board. Since I still got a Blackfin BF527 board, I will help to test.

For other silicons, I'm not sure about that.

> I distinctly call losing over a month of development
> time on this issue, because the hardware has some
> undocumented constraints in this area. The entire
> reeason the host init is so "late" is that doing
> it earlier (at more logically sensible moments, (in
> terms of USB specs vs Mentor silicon) broke things.

Yeah, that's frustrated. I also spent several days here to find a solution to
this. I saw the comments in the code about that undocumented constraints. But
that maybe depends on different silicon.

Thanks, Dave.
-Bryan