From: deb on
acess 2003

I have a subform called fwarranties with a combobox called UnitNo
other fields are changed based on the selection in UnitNo

How can I make the user select from the combobox UnitNo before entering any
other data on the form?

UnitNo must have data first.

--
deb
From: Daryl S on
Deb -

You can set the enabled property (or the visible property) to Fasle in
design mode. Then in the AfterUpdate event of the combobox, if a selection
is made then add code to set those values to true.

Me.txtbox.enabled = True or Me.txtbox.visible = True

--
Daryl S

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"deb" <deb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> acess 2003
>
> I have a subform called fwarranties with a combobox called UnitNo
> other fields are changed based on the selection in UnitNo
>
> How can I make the user select from the combobox UnitNo before entering
> any
> other data on the form?
>
> UnitNo must have data first.

One solution would be to disable all controls on the form (the subform, that
is) until UnitNo is not Null. To do this, you would use the Current event
of the form and the AfterUpdate event of the combo box. Something along the
lines of:

'------ start of example code ------
Private Sub EnableDisableControls()

Dim blnEnabled As Boolean

blnEnabled = Not IsNull(Me.UnitNo)

' If we're going to disable contols, make sure the
' focus is on UnitNo.
If blnEnabled = False Then
Me.UnitNo.SetFocus
End If

' Enable/disable other controls.
Me.SomeControl.Enabled = blnEnabled
Me.SomeOtherControl.Enabled = blnEnabled
' ... and so on ...

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Current()

EnableDisableControls