From: Pen Ttt on
i have installed vim and cream,Make install ruby myself.
now ,in my console:
pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vim
vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vi
vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open

sudo find /usr/share -name 'cream'
/usr/share/vim/cream
/usr/share/doc/cream
/usr/share/cream
/usr/share/menu/cream

From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Pen Ttt wrote:
> i have installed vim and cream,Make install ruby myself.
> now ,in my console:
> pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vim
> vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
> pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vi
> vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open
>
> sudo find /usr/share -name 'cream'
> /usr/share/vim/cream
> /usr/share/doc/cream
> /usr/share/cream
> /usr/share/menu/cream

Which distribution are you using? My guess is Ubuntu, but I am not sure.
Which ruby package did you install?

From: Steve Masta on
Pen Ttt wrote:
> i have installed vim and cream,Make install ruby myself.
> now ,in my console:
> pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vim
> vim: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot
> pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ vi
> vi: error while loading shared libraries: libruby1.8.so.1.8: cannot open

If you installed ruby by compiling it from source code, you will
probably need to run (as root) ldconfig to update the library cache.

Steve
From: Pen Ttt on
ubuntu9.1,
pt(a)pt-laptop:~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.1p378 (2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i686-linux]

From: Pen Ttt on
in order to run (as root) ldconfig to update the library cache,how to
input command in my console?