From: Noel Jones on
On 5/3/2010 4:30 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
>>> I have a need to migrate some IP's from a static file to a hash file. These
>> are singleton IP's (hash CIDR's).
>>
>> hash != cidr
>
> It was meant to read "singleton IP's (not CIDR's)". I need to do a little more proof reading before sending out these things.
>
>>> i.e. would this be acceptable for this type of map?
>>> 10.20.0.2 ok
>>> 10.20.1.91 ok
>> yes. but in this case, prefer cidr over hash.
>
> I think we are dealing with 50 or so IP's on a bunch of different blocks. The 10.20.x.x above was an example. Almost everything in the mydestination file is currently /32, with the exception of our internal ranges. It's these /32 that would be migrated to a hash.

Either hash: or cidr: tables will work well for that purpose,
with likely no measurable difference in overall performance.
automatically and restart affected services right away. Cidr:
will take a little longer to pick up changes, but should use a
little less memory (with your stated ~50 entries). I'd go
with hash: if memory isn't an issue.

-- Noel Jones

From: mouss on
Noel Jones a �crit :
>>> are singleton IP's (hash CIDR's).
>>>
>>> hash != cidr
>>
>> It was meant to read "singleton IP's (not CIDR's)". I need to do a
>> little more proof reading before sending out these things.

>>> yes. but in this case, prefer cidr over hash.
>>
>> I think we are dealing with 50 or so IP's on a bunch of different
>> blocks. The 10.20.x.x above was an example. Almost everything in the
>> mydestination file is currently /32, with the exception of our
>> internal ranges. It's these /32 that would be migrated to a hash.
>
> Either hash: or cidr: tables will work well for that purpose, with
> likely no measurable difference in overall performance.
> automatically and restart affected services right away. Cidr: will take
> a little longer to pick up changes, but should use a little less memory
> (with your stated ~50 entries). I'd go with hash: if memory isn't an
> issue.

I would go with cidr, since these are networks, when one can list a /32;
then move it to a /31 then to .... and to a /19.