From: Rene Veerman on
hi.

for 2 open source components of mine that are used in debugging, i
would like to capture the output generated by print for any variable.
i'm new to python, so please excuse my noobishness.

i don't know if objects can be json-ed as easy as lists and hash
tables are by print.
and i couldn't find how to capture the output generated by print into
a string, so i can't use it with google appengine :(

i'm in dire need of some expert advise here.

--
---------------------------------
Greetings from Rene7705,

My free open source webcomponents:
  http://code.google.com/u/rene7705/
  http://mediabeez.ws/downloads (and demos)

My music (i'm DJ firesnake)
  http://mediabeez.ws/music

http://www.facebook.com/rene7705
---------------------------------
From: Benjamin Kaplan on
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Rene Veerman <rene7705(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hi.
>
> for 2 open source components of mine that are used in debugging, i
> would like to capture the output generated by print for any variable.
> i'm new to python, so please excuse my noobishness.
>
> i don't know if objects can be json-ed as easy as lists and hash
> tables are by print.
> and i couldn't find how to capture the output generated by print into
> a string, so i can't use it with google appengine :(
>
> i'm in dire need of some expert advise here.

Use str() to turn stuff into strings.