From: hehehe on
Hello!

I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what
buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end.

Any help?

reagards - MJ

From: Chris Davies on
hehehe <m(a)m.ccc> wrote:
> I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what
> buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end.

> Any help?

You could try googling (or binging, I suppose)
Chris

From: hehehe on

U�ytkownik "Chris Davies" <chris-usenet(a)roaima.co.uk> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> hehehe <m(a)m.ccc> wrote:
>> I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what
>> buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end.
>
>> Any help?
>
> You could try googling (or binging, I suppose)
> Chris

i`m doing but not good info i have found...

From: J G Miller on
On Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 at 11:30:57h +0200,
HeHeHe the Laughing Idiot explained:

> I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what
> buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end.

Depends on the scope of your question.

Consider for example that all hard disks now have cache memory
(some consumer drivers up to 64 MBytes), so even though the Linux
kernel may have finished writing to the file system, the data may
not have been fully written to hardware.

And limiting the scope to the Linux kernel its-self, then begs
the question of which filesystem you are using -- it is
ext2, ext3, ext4, xfs, jfs, reiserfs etc.

You must first decide on what are the actual criteria for
your question.

Does this document helpd you at all?

<http://tldp.ORG/LDP/tlk/fs/filesystem.html>

For reading and writing at the raw level in programs, you need to do

man 2 read
man 2 write

to have a look at the manual page for these system functions.

From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:30:57 +0200
"hehehe" <m(a)m.ccc> wrote:

> I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what
> buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end.

Why? Are you a programmer needing to create some
utility program/other software?

Or is this for an understanding because you have to
write up a report on how Linux deals with a filesystem?
(possibly comparing to other operating systems).

Your question is fairly open-ended, as there are
a number of variables at play.

--
"Do you think what we're doing is wrong?"
"Of course it's wrong! It's illegal!"