From: Karthik Balaguru on
Hi,

I have been trying to use the command of
'netstat -a -n -f inet' to generate a report on all
network end points not just the ESTABLISHED
(-a option) by printing the IP addresses as
dotted-decimal numbers(-n option), but only for
TCP and UDP end points(-f inet option). But,
strangely, the '-f inet' option does not seem
to work in linux.

So, i tried the same command in windows vista
too, but the same option of '-f inet' did not work
there too.

So, is the option of '-f inet' has been deprecated
in netstat command . Which other option covers up
the feature of reporting only TCP and UDP
end points that was provided by '-f inet' option ?
Any ideas ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru
From: Martijn Lievaart on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:30:52 -0800, Karthik Balaguru wrote:

> So, is the option of '-f inet' has been deprecated in netstat command .
> Which other option covers up the feature of reporting only TCP and UDP
> end points that was provided by '-f inet' option ? Any ideas ?

Try --inet instead on linux. These kinds of flags are not standarised, so
for every OS it's different.

M4
From: Pascal Hambourg on
[Crosspost with a non-Usenet hierarchy removed, follow-up set to
comp.os.linux.networking]

Hello,

Martijn Lievaart a �crit :
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:30:52 -0800, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
>
>> Which other option covers up the feature of reporting only TCP and UDP
>> end points that was provided by '-f inet' option ? Any ideas ?
>
> Try --inet instead on linux. These kinds of flags are not standarised, so
> for every OS it's different.

Anyway, --inet does not list only TCP and UDP sockets neither all TCP
and UDP sockets : it lists also raw IPv4 sockets but does not list IPv6
sockets. If you want to list all and only TCP and UDP sockets, better
use --tcp --udp (or -t -u or -tu).
From: Karthik Balaguru on
On Feb 20, 6:18 pm, Martijn Lievaart <m...(a)rtij.nl.invlalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:30:52 -0800, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> > So, is the option of '-f inet' has been deprecated in netstat command .
> > Which other option covers up the feature of reporting only TCP and UDP
> > end points that was provided by '-f inet' option ? Any ideas ?
>
> Try --inet instead on linux. These kinds of flags are not standarised, so
> for every OS it's different.

Thx for highlighting it.

Thx,
Karthik Balaguru