From: rebecca on
I have just installed office home and student into a new computer but when
try to run one of my existing file it tells me it is corrupt. It runs fine in
the old computer. please help
From: Chip Pearson on
What versions of Excel are involved? XL2007 can read and write both
the new formats (xlsm, xlsx, xlsb) and the old format (xls). Unless
you have the Office Compatibility Pack
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074/en-us) installed, XL2003 can
read only xls files -- it cannot read the new file versions. Since
2003 has no knowlege of the new formats, it assume the file is
corrupted. Of course, a file created in XL2007 can be saved in 2007
into the 2003 format and that file will work in 2003.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Excel MVP 1998 - 2010
www.cpearson.com