From: i dude eclair on
my client wants an application to behave like this website:

http://ericshin.com/orchestrations.php

I would think that access would be the ideal application.

Any direction to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks
From: antoine cabos on

"i dude eclair" <br25354(a)aol.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : Xns9D2B7BB3AC50Ejoekingaolcouk(a)74.209.136.86...

From: John W. Vinson on
On 26 Feb 2010 17:09:40 GMT, i dude eclair <br25354(a)aol.co.uk> wrote:

>my client wants an application to behave like this website:
>
>http://ericshin.com/orchestrations.php
>
>I would think that access would be the ideal application.
>
>Any direction to get me started would be greatly appreciated.
>
>-thanks

Intriguing! This could certainly be done in Access; you would need at least
four tables: Composers; Works; Instruments; and Instrumentation. It would be
reasonably straightforward to build a form based on these tables to replecate
the functionality of the website (with subforms and combo boxes or listboxes
to select the records).

It's more than would be appropriate for a newsgroup post, but here are some
resources to get started. Allen's and Crystal's tutorials should get you off
the ground, and you're welcome to post back with specific questions.

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: i dude eclair on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> On 26 Feb 2010 17:09:40 GMT, i dude eclair <br25354(a)aol.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>my client wants an application to behave like this website:
>>
>>http://ericshin.com/orchestrations.php
>>
>>I would think that access would be the ideal application.
>>
>>Any direction to get me started would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>-thanks
>
> Intriguing! This could certainly be done in Access; you would need at
> least four tables: Composers; Works; Instruments; and Instrumentation.
> It would be reasonably straightforward to build a form based on these
> tables to replecate the functionality of the website (with subforms
> and combo boxes or listboxes to select the records).
>
> It's more than would be appropriate for a newsgroup post, but here are
> some resources to get started. Allen's and Crystal's tutorials should
> get you off the ground, and you're welcome to post back with specific
> questions.
>
> Jeff Conrad's resources page:
> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>
> The Access Web resources page:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>
> Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
>
> A free tutorial written by Crystal:
> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
> A video how-to series by Crystal:
> http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal
>
> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

thanks for these

I have my 4 tables, and was about to start on the form creation, but I
wasn't clear as to 1 main form with 2 subforms.
Then I was thinking about some apply-filter-on-click event when I thought
it best to ask for direction.

I shall study.
From: John W. Vinson on
On 26 Feb 2010 18:51:05 GMT, i dude eclair <br25354(a)aol.co.uk> wrote:

>I have my 4 tables, and was about to start on the form creation, but I
>wasn't clear as to 1 main form with 2 subforms.
>Then I was thinking about some apply-filter-on-click event when I thought
>it best to ask for direction.

It always helps to be specific with your question - we can't see your screen!
<g>

I'm guessing that you might want a Form based on the Works table, with a
filter set by a combo box or listbox of composers; and a Subform based on
instrumentation.

Data entry into the tables might require an additional form or two.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]