From: Janis Papanagnou on
On 31/07/10 00:08, Atropo wrote:
> [snip all, since you responded in another branch of the thread]
>
> what is the 'stat' for ? i think i don't have it

It provides information about files. You can as well use ls, but then you
need to change the field access. And you should take care that the fields
of ls won't change format if they get older than half a year.

> beside it comes out this error
>
> /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v d=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) -F $'\t' '$1~"^"d"
> 07" {print $NF}' aa
> /usr/xpg4/bin/awk: syntax error "unk" in //
> Context is:

The awk command was expecting the output from stat; the "date time" field
as first field, and the file name as second field, separated by a tab.

Janis

From: Randal L. Schwartz on

Atropo> as a newbie i just throw the command you gave me but don't know where
Atropo> to look for find2perl

It should be installed in the same directory as perl.

Atropo> ksh: find2perl: not found

Then you have a slightly broken system.

<merlyn(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
From: WANG Cong on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:40:55 -0700, Atropo wrote:

>> Atropo> Hi all.
>> Atropo> find +/- 1 seens to count days.  with the newer option  i have
>> to Atropo> create one file 1 hour early.  that a certain hour i pretend
>> to raise Atropo> a script to check if the today file has arrive  if not
>>  then send Atropo> mail.
>>
>> All you need is Perl, which most systems have installed:
>>
>> find2perl . -eval '-M $_ < 1/24' .... | perl
>>

> as a newbie i just throw the command you gave me but don't know where to
> look for find2perl
>
> ksh: find2perl: not found

You need to install perl, definitely.