From: r on
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called
"mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic
for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a
Word document.

Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of
how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table?

I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct.

Sub TestRecordsetexample

Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection
Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection
Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset
myRecordSet.ActiveConnection = cnn1

myRecordSet.Open "[Test]"

Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset
myRecordSet.ActiveConnection = cnn1

myRecordSet.Open �SELECT * FROM mytest�

MsgBox myRecordSet.fields(0).value

myRecordSet.Close
cnn1.Close

End Sub

I get a compile time error for "Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection" as "User
defined Type not defined"

I want to choose Tools->References from the VBA Editor menu bar, but
References is disabled and I cannot choose it.

I guess I have to set up the connection from Word 2007(where the above
code is present as a Macro) to Access 2007(where the database is) which
I have not done.

Any advice would be welcome on how to fix the above error and some
examples of using Recordsets with Access 2007.

Thanks