From: Paul Rubin on
I only had a couple minutes to look at it (maybe more during the
weekend). It looks interesting. I wonder whether Python is really the
right host language for it. How do you handle nested objects whose
outermost layer is immutable but whose contents are potentially mutable?
An obvious example is a list within a tuple

but conceivably the mutable stuff could exist at an arbitrary depth
(making a thorough scan impractical) and give rise to a race condition.

Also, I haven't followed PyPy development lately, but appraently stuff
has been happening. Maybe the issues of CPython and the GIL will be
behind us not that long from now. Is newthreading likely to be
applicable to PyPy?