From: David Howells on
Paul E. McKenney <paulmck(a)linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> struct nfs_delegation {
> struct list_head super_list;
> - struct rpc_cred *cred;
> + struct rpc_cred __rcu *cred;
> struct inode *inode;
> nfs4_stateid stateid;
> fmode_t type;

That's unnecessary. I posted a patch that removed the usage of RCU on that
pointer:

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:26:13 +0100
Subject: NFS: Fix RCU issues in the NFSv4 delegation code

Did Trond take it?

David
From: Trond Myklebust on
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 11:14 +0100, David Howells wrote:
> Paul E. McKenney <paulmck(a)linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > struct nfs_delegation {
> > struct list_head super_list;
> > - struct rpc_cred *cred;
> > + struct rpc_cred __rcu *cred;
> > struct inode *inode;
> > nfs4_stateid stateid;
> > fmode_t type;
>
> That's unnecessary. I posted a patch that removed the usage of RCU on that
> pointer:
>
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:26:13 +0100
> Subject: NFS: Fix RCU issues in the NFSv4 delegation code
>
> Did Trond take it?
>
> David

Yes. I haven't pushed it to Linus yet, but I'm planning to do so in the
next 2 days.

Cheers
Trond
From: Paul E. McKenney on
On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 08:44:55AM -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 11:14 +0100, David Howells wrote:
> > Paul E. McKenney <paulmck(a)linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > > struct nfs_delegation {
> > > struct list_head super_list;
> > > - struct rpc_cred *cred;
> > > + struct rpc_cred __rcu *cred;
> > > struct inode *inode;
> > > nfs4_stateid stateid;
> > > fmode_t type;
> >
> > That's unnecessary. I posted a patch that removed the usage of RCU on that
> > pointer:
> >
> > Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:26:13 +0100
> > Subject: NFS: Fix RCU issues in the NFSv4 delegation code
> >
> > Did Trond take it?
> >
> > David
>
> Yes. I haven't pushed it to Linus yet, but I'm planning to do so in the
> next 2 days.

I have dropped this change from this commit. Are the rest of the changes
in this commit (nfs_fs.h and auth_gss.h) OK?

Thanx, Paul