From: John on
I just opened my spreadsheet (xlsx file), no data or cells are present and
all the tabs are greyed out. The screen (where cells/data s/b present) is
just a grey blank screen. On the very top where the file name s/b in the
border, it just says Microsoft Excel. What has happened? Can I recover my
data?
From: Bernard Liengme on
You need to open a workbook file (the Office icon is not greyed out) or
start a new (use shortcut CTRL+N)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: John on
Thank you for your reply sir...but this is an existing WB containing data,
formulas, etc. Any thoughts?