From: TripMom on
I've created a drop down list with Data Valuation and would like to allow
multiple selections. I used the macro on contextures.com to create the
macro, however, when I return to the sheet right click, assign macro isn't an
option and running it doesn't work either. I'm on Excel 2007 and the much
loved Vista Home 64. Thanks in advance for your help.
From: ozgrid.com on
Data Validation will only allow single selections. Use an Control ToolBox
ListBox and set the MultiSelect Property
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/multi-select-listbox.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Dave Peterson on
If you look at Debra's macro once more, you'll see that her macro isn't assigned
to the object. It's a worksheet event.

This kind of code goes into the worksheet module that needs the behavior.

Rightclick on the sheet tab that needs the behavior, select view code and paste
her (modified???) code in that code window that is on the right.

If you still have trouble, post your code and some more details. Or post a link
to Debra's macro. It'll make it easier for anyone to help.

TripMom wrote:

> I've created a drop down list with Data Valuation and would like to allow
> multiple selections. I used the macro on contextures.com to create the
> macro, however, when I return to the sheet right click, assign macro isn't an
> option and running it doesn't work either. I'm on Excel 2007 and the much
> loved Vista Home 64. Thanks in advance for your help.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Gord Dibben on
Have you downloaded the sample workbook Debra provides?

In that workbook she shows several different ways to combine the selections.

You do not "run" the code. As Dave points out, it is event code and runs
when you make a change in a dropdown.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:13:02 -0700, TripMom

From: Gord Dibben on
Dave

With Debra's event code you can get multiple selections from a DV dropdown.

Never say never.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP