From: Cal Who on
I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
Developer 2010 Express.

I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I downloaded
something else - but I'm not sure!

I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the MS
Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.

Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?

There is no reason I should have both, is there?

Thanks in advance

From: Mr. Arnold on
Cal Who wrote:
> I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
> Developer 2010 Express.
>
> I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I downloaded
> something else - but I'm not sure!
>
> I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the MS
> Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
>
> Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
>
> There is no reason I should have both, is there?

Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install
the one you need to avoid any potential problems.
From: Cal Who on

"Mr. Arnold" <Arnold(a)Arnold.com> wrote in message
> Cal Who wrote:
>> I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
>> Developer 2010 Express.
>>
>> I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I
>> downloaded something else - but I'm not sure!
>>
>> I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the
>> MS Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
>>
>> Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
>>
>> There is no reason I should have both, is there?
>>

> Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
> installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install the
> one you need to avoid any potential problems.

I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.

Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.

Thanks

From: Mr. Arnold on
Cal Who wrote:
> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold(a)Arnold.com> wrote in message
>> Cal Who wrote:
>>> I have vs2010 Ultimate and just noticed I also have installed MS Visual
>>> Developer 2010 Express.
>>>
>>> I think that may have been downloaded by MS Web Platform when I
>>> downloaded something else - but I'm not sure!
>>>
>>> I definetly do not want to mess up my VS2010 but would like to delete the
>>> MS Visual Developer 2010 Express if I don't need it.
>>>
>>> Deleteing it will not do anything to VS2010 will it?
>>>
>>> There is no reason I should have both, is there?
>>>
>> Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
>> installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install the
>> one you need to avoid any potential problems.
>
> I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.

Are you going somewhere?

> That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.
>
> Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.

Maybe if you started VS2010 U and E at the same time, you might have
resource conflict and lockout.
From: Cal Who on

> Cal Who wrote:
>> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold(a)Arnold.com> wrote in message

>>> Maybe, you should have uninstall the Express version first before
>>> installing Ultimate. Maybe, you should uninstall them both and install
>>> the one you need to avoid any potential problems.
>>
>> I hate to reinstall Ultimate - it takes a while.
>
> Are you going somewhere?
>>
>> That's why I worry about uninstalling Express.
>>
>> Does Express have anything that Ultimate doesn't? I wouldn't expect it.
>>

> Maybe if you started VS2010 U and E at the same time, you might have
> resource conflict and lockout.

I'm just going to delete U

thanks

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: upcounter
Next: Developers hosting with WebHost4Life?