From: kyle on

i copied this from a book. i run the macro and it says object required.
what's up?

Private Sub cmdinsertheading_click()
Cells(1, "d").Value = txtheading.Text
Cells(1, "d").Select

With Selection
.Font.Bold = True
.Font.Name = "arial"
.Font.Size = 72
.Font.Color = RGB(0, 0, 255)
.Columns.AutoFit
.Interior.Color = RGB(0, 255, 255)
.Borders.Weight = xlThick
.Borders.Color = RGB(0, 0, 255)
End With

txtheading.Activate

End Sub
From: JLGWhiz on
Cells(1, "d").Value = txtheading.Text

You are trying to put something in cell D1 that has not been defined in this
procedure.
txtheading appears to be a variable, but unless it is made a global variable
its value will not be picked up by a procedure that is private. The options
are to make it a global variable or to define it within this procedure.

From: Jay on
The term “txtheading” is undefined; this produces the run-time error you
describe.

From the original code, I would guess that the text heading you are
manipulating in code is supposed to come from the contents of a cell
somewhere in the worksheet. Try this statement immediately after the
procedure's opening statement:

Set txtheading = Range("M17") 'substitute the cell address that contains
the heading text for “M17”
------
Jay

From: FSt1 on
hi
what is txtheading.text?
sound like a textbox from a form.
also txtheading.activate......sounds like it's trying to activate the
form/textbox?
anyway txtheading is the object that vb needs/can't identfy.

regards
FSt1

From: JLGWhiz on
Also, the use of the Cells property requires a qualified sheet reference if
the code is not in a sheet code module. It is a good practice to always
qualify cells property to be sure the range object on the correct sheet is
acted upon.

\