From: M. P. on
Hallo

I would like to convert a ruby.file into an *.exe. (Important: I use the
library "Tk")

I am getting the following error message:

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1694:in `_invoke_without_enc': can't find
package res
ource (RuntimeError)

It works when compiling a ruby.file without the Tk library. So the
problem must be the compatibility between Tk and ocra.

Has anybody bot a solution for me?

Best regards
Micx

From: Roger Pack on

> C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1694:in `_invoke_without_enc': can't find
> package res
> ource (RuntimeError)

My guess is that ocra is packaging your .rb files but not your .tcl
files

or maybe you're required to have ActiveTcl installed where you use it?

-rp

From: Hidetoshi NAGAI on
From: "M. P." <mipurghart(a)kst.ch>
Subject: ocra Tk "_invoke_without_enc"
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:18:16 +0900

From: Roger Pack <rogerpack2005(a)gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ocra Tk "_invoke_without_enc"
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 03:33:13 +0900
> My guess is that ocra is packaging your .rb files but not your .tcl
> files
> or maybe you're required to have ActiveTcl installed where you use it?

If it is the reason of why, Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.so may
solve the trouble because (I heard) ocra extracts all files when
executing.

From: "M. P." <mipurghart(a)kst.ch>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:18:16 +0900
> Has anybody bot a solution for me?

If you don't mind to try an experimental version of Ruby/Tk-Kit,
I'll try to make 1.8-mingw version of tcltklib.so.
Then, please tell me the version of your Ruby and a list of
Tcl/Tk extensions used by your application.
--
Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai(a)ai.kyutech.ac.jp)