From: tonyg on
Does anyone have any examples of this. I have examined the demo
closely supplied with the gnade package but I suspect my column is not
correctly bound and am seeking an example where it know that it is
retrieving the right value.
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 03:12:15 -0700 (PDT), tonyg wrote:

> Does anyone have any examples of this. I have examined the demo
> closely supplied with the gnade package but I suspect my column is not
> correctly bound and am seeking an example where it know that it is
> retrieving the right value.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm

It uses GNADE ODBC in order to implement a persistency layer. The code
makes Bind_Parameter and Bind_Result. It also defines a thicker binding
upon GNADE ones in order to encapsulate handles to environment, command etc
into controlled objects. See gnu-db-sqlcli-api.ads

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: tonyg on
On Jul 6, 1:18 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 03:12:15 -0700 (PDT), tonyg wrote:
> > Does anyone have any examples of this. I have examined the demo
> > closely supplied with the gnade package but I suspect my column is not
> > correctly bound and am seeking an example where it know that it is
> > retrieving the right value.
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm
>
> It uses GNADE ODBC in order to implement a persistency layer. The code
> makes Bind_Parameter and Bind_Result. It also defines a thicker binding
> upon GNADE ones in order to encapsulate handles to environment, command etc
> into controlled objects. See gnu-db-sqlcli-api.ads
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Thanks Dmitry
From: tonyg on
On 6 July, 14:13, tonyg <tonytheg...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 6, 1:18 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 03:12:15 -0700 (PDT), tonyg wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any examples of this. I have examined the demo
> > > closely supplied with the gnade package but I suspect my column is not
> > > correctly bound and am seeking an example where it know that it is
> > > retrieving the right value.
>
> >http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm
>
> > It uses GNADE ODBC in order to implement a persistency layer. The code
> > makes Bind_Parameter and Bind_Result. It also defines a thicker binding
> > upon GNADE ones in order to encapsulate handles to environment, command etc
> > into controlled objects. See gnu-db-sqlcli-api.ads
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de
>
> Thanks Dmitry

I think I might have a going using your library, the more I look at
it, the more I like it :)
From: tonyg on
On 6 July, 22:50, tonyg <tonytheg...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 6 July, 14:13, tonyg <tonytheg...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 6, 1:18 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
> > wrote:

> > >http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm
>
> > > It uses GNADE ODBC in order to implement a persistency layer. The code
> > > makes Bind_Parameter and Bind_Result. It also defines a thicker binding
> > > upon GNADE ones in order to encapsulate handles to environment, command etc
> > > into controlled objects. See gnu-db-sqlcli-api.ads
>
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Dmitry A. Kazakovhttp://www.dmitry-kazakov.de
>
> > Thanks Dmitry
>
> I think I might have a going using your library, the more I look at
> it, the more I like it :)

I used the library to implement the database project I was doing, very
useful, it simplifies the gnade odbc a lot, I can recommend it to
others searching for a thicker binding than gnade odbc.