From: Arnd Bergmann on
On Tuesday 27 July 2010, Grant Likely wrote:
> > I suggest to go back to v2 of your patch where you use asm-generic/of.h.
>
> Stephen suggested dropping asm-generic/of.h. I'm happy to do it either way.

I don't mind adding stuff to asm-generic, but I think in this case it would
be easier to keep this in linux/of.h because there is nothing wrong with
all architectures including it.

Most files in asm-generic are there only for historical reasons, where some
architectures use them but others don't. IMHO we should use the include/linux
headers preferred for new stuff though.

Arnd