From: Matthew Dodds on

I have a cell formula as part of a WorkSheet for explaining stats
=prob_T^(A9) * (1-prob_T)^(n-A9)

I would prefer to use a Name, k, in place of the A9 relative
reference, as this would align the WorkSheet with standard stats names
& make explanations easier to understand.

This name needs return a reference to the cell at at columnoffset(-2)
relative to the cell the Name is used in ... the syntax I've used in
the subject line is as close as I've got so far ...

?? is this something that can be made to work?

input gratefully received

Mat
From: aflatoon on

You can define k as:
=INDIRECT(RC[-2],FALSE)
or if you only use it on one sheet, then select cell C1 and define k
as:
=A1

;
6
9
6
8
0
5

:

--
aflatoon

Regards,
A.
aflatoon's Profile: 1501
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=194838

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: helene and gabor on
Hello Matthew,

click on A9
click on the left hand side of the formula bar: fx
type in : k

You can now use k instead of A9.

Best Regards,

Gabor Sebo