From: Meenie on
I have Excel 2003
I have a worksheet that is linked to another worksheet. The sheet is a YTD
of all the data collected for several units.
It's a simple formula where I typed the equal sign in , then clicked on the
cell in the other worksheet so it shows in this worksheet.
One cell out of many appears to be blank, yet when I click on it the actual
answer shows up in the formula bar. I've checked all the formatting and all
appears to be well, the font color is black. I tried re-doing the formula
with the same result.
I deleted the formula from that cell and typed the answer in, with the same
result!
Any idea why it's doing this? Are there gremlins in my worksheet??
Thanks, Susan
From: Gord Dibben on
Check the formatting again.

Might be a custom format of ;;;

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Reeza on
On Apr 9, 8:12 am, Meenie <Mee...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have Excel 2003
> I have a worksheet that is linked to another worksheet. The sheet is a YTD
> of all the data collected for several units.
> It's a simple formula where I typed the equal sign in , then clicked on the
> cell in the other worksheet so it shows in this worksheet.
> One cell out of many appears to be blank, yet when I click on it the actual
> answer shows up in the formula bar. I've checked all the formatting and all
> appears to be well, the font color is black. I tried re-doing the formula
> with the same result.
> I deleted the formula from that cell and typed the answer in, with the same
> result!
> Any idea why it's doing this? Are there gremlins in my worksheet??
> Thanks, Susan

Probably formatting...
select the cell, go to edit, clear all and then re enter the formula
or a value and see if that works.

HTH,
Reeza