From: Dave Young on
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Dave Young <hidave.darkstar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Catalin Marinas
> <catalin.marinas(a)arm.com> wrote:
>> Dave Young <hidave.darkstar(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I didn't see difference before/after apply your patch, how to test
>>> specific to bootmem?
>>
>> With Rik's patch applied and CONFIG_NOBOOTMEM enabled, do you get any
>> false postives if my kmemleak patch isn't applied?
>
> No more, except a few acpi issue which always there

I got an oops when shutdown kvm guest with rik's patch applied, but
without your bootmem patch, is it kmemleak problem?

attached the screendump

--
Regards
dave
From: Catalin Marinas on
On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 10:48 +0100, Dave Young wrote:
> I got an oops when shutdown kvm guest with rik's patch applied, but
> without your bootmem patch, is it kmemleak problem?

It could be, though I've never got it before.

Can you run this on your vmlinux file?

addr2line -i -f -e vmlinux c10c5c88

Thanks.

--
Catalin

From: Dave Young on
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Catalin Marinas
<catalin.marinas(a)arm.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 10:48 +0100, Dave Young wrote:
>> I got an oops when shutdown kvm guest with rik's patch applied, but
>> without your bootmem patch, is it kmemleak problem?
>
> It could be, though I've never got it before.
>
> Can you run this on your vmlinux file?
>
> addr2line -i -f -e vmlinux c10c5c88

The vmlinux is lost, I rebuid it with same config

bash-3.1$ addr2line -i -f -e vmlinux 0xc10c5c88
put_object
/home/dave/mm/linux-2.6.35-rc1/mm/kmemleak.c:45

--
Regards
dave