From: Barnabyh on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:14:28 +0200
Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> wrote:

>Yep, it was compiled as a 32 bit binary even though I have a 64 bit
>system. So I guess the answer is that it is possible to compile and
>run wine on 64 bit Slackware if you have the 32 bit compability
>packages installed.
>
>regards Henrik

Barnabyh replies:

Interesting. Thanks Henrik.

Barnaby

--
Barnaby.Hoffmann
Reg. Linux User #398054

From: john connolly on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 21:11:41 +0100, Barnabyh wrote:

> Barnabyh

Barnabyh,
Onyxlite does run under wine. Thanks for the suggestion.
jwc
From: Thomas Overgaard on
john connolly wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go. In the meantime I found
> a program called aeskulap-0.2.0, which is supposed to read DICOM format
> files.

It look like GIMP can handle this file format.
--
Thomas O.

From: john connolly on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:15:39 +0000, john connolly wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 21:11:41 +0100, Barnabyh wrote:
>
>> Barnabyh
>
> Barnabyh,
> Onyxlite does run under wine. Thanks for the suggestion.
> jwc

Just to finish this off: I ran across http://www.nitrc.org/projects/
mricron/ which has the package mricronlx2.zip which runs on linux.
The package contains a program that converts dicom files to another
format which the mricron program can read. The real value (for me)
is that the latter program allows the file to be saved in bitmap format
which gimp can read.
Thanks for everyone's help, jwc
From: jim dorey on
john connolly wrote:
> Hi,
> Our doc gave us some xray pics viewable with onyxlite.exe. Is
> there any chance of viewing these things in linux? I've tried all
> the graphics stuff on my slack 13 system.
> Thanks, jwc

i ran into something for that on the kde appdb a while back, probably
only for an old version, but, maybe not...