From: Steven Rostedt on
On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 12:01 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > Note, I just sent out a patch set yesterday which will conflict with
> > this change.
> >
> > I Cc'd both you and Andi on that patch.
>
> Steve, is your ring buffer patch intended for stable?
>
> I plan to submit the oprofile patch for stable and if your is not
> it would be more convenient if your patch was based on mine instead
> of the other way round. If yours is for stable I can rebase on top
> of yours.

No, my patch is not intended for stable, and in fact, is intended for
35.

When yours gets into Linus's tree, we can fix the conflict. It should be
trivial to fix, since the conflict is just me adding another parameter
(NULL) to a function you changed.

I just wanted you to be aware of the change, you don't need to do
anything about it.

-- Steve

From: John Villalovos on
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Robert Richter <robert.richter(a)amd.com> wrote:
> On 01.04.10 03:17:25, Andi Kleen wrote:
>> Got confirmation now this patch fixes most of the dropped oprofile
>> samples problem on a particular intensive test on a large system.
>> So now submitting the previous RFC formally.
>> .34 / Stable candidate.
>
> Thanks Andi, will take a look at this next week.

I was wondering what the state of this patch is. I don't see it in
linux-2.6 or linux-next. or in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git

Thanks,
John
From: Andrew Morton on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:33:56 -0400
John Villalovos <sodarock(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Robert Richter <robert.richter(a)amd.com> wrote:
> > On 01.04.10 03:17:25, Andi Kleen wrote:
> >> Got confirmation now this patch fixes most of the dropped oprofile
> >> samples problem on a particular intensive test on a large system.
> >> So now submitting the previous RFC formally.
> >> .34 / Stable candidate.
> >
> > Thanks Andi, will take a look at this next week.
>
> I was wondering what the state of this patch is. I don't see it in
> linux-2.6 or linux-next. or in
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git

I queued it in my for-2.6.34-via-subsystem-maintainer pile. I'll start
sending those things out for everyone to ignore early next week I guess.

From: Robert Richter on
On 22.04.10 16:04:11, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I was wondering what the state of this patch is. I don't see it in
> > linux-2.6 or linux-next. or in
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git
> >

> I queued it in my for-2.6.34-via-subsystem-maintainer pile. I'll start
> sending those things out for everyone to ignore early next week I guess.

I just make my tree ready for v2.6.35 and will put it in there.

The patch looks good, will run some tests.

-Robert

--
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Operating System Research Center

From: Robert Richter on
On 01.04.10 03:17:25, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Got confirmation now this patch fixes most of the dropped oprofile
> samples problem on a particular intensive test on a large system.
> So now submitting the previous RFC formally.
> .34 / Stable candidate.

Patch applied to

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git core

Thanks Andi and sorry for this late response.

-Robert