From: MBALOVER on
Hi all,

I am wondering if you guys know any paper or book chapter discussing
optimal linear prediction for 2D or more specifically for image
processing?

I tried to look for it in the library in my university but could not
find it.

Thank you.

From: Rune Allnor on
On 11 apr, 22:32, MBALOVER <mbalov...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if you guys know any paper or book chapter discussing
> optimal linear prediction for 2D or more specifically for image
> processing?
>
> I tried to look for it in the library in my university but could not
> find it.

'Linear prediction' could mean just about anything in the context
of image processing. You might want to narrow the search a bit, by
hinting at the application.

And you might want to ask at comp.soft-sys.matlab (I have added CSSM
to the follow-up), as there are a couple of regulars there who know
their image processing.

Rune
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

MBALOVER wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if you guys know any paper or book chapter discussing
> optimal linear prediction for 2D or more specifically for image
> processing?

Plane prediction is very common in video processing:

A | B
-------
C | X

X predicted = B + C - A

Multidimensional LPC is known bad problem; I don't know if anybody got
anything useful out of it.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com
From: jogging on
On Apr 12, 7:26 am, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> MBALOVER wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I am wondering if you guys know any paper or book chapter discussing
> > optimal linear prediction for 2D or more specifically for image
> > processing?
>
> Plane prediction is very common in video processing:
>
>   A | B
> -------
>   C | X
>
> X predicted = B + C - A
>
> Multidimensional LPC is known bad problem; I don't know if anybody got
> anything useful out of it.
>
> Vladimir Vassilevsky
> DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultanthttp://www.abvolt.com

The prediction you mention is like the MV prediction in video coding.
Recently, I am interested in object tracking. I know that Kalman
filter
are used in object tracking. I am not familiar with it very much, but
I learn there is a prediction step in the procedure.

The title of this thread is too board. There are too many things
that is regarded as image processing such as denoise, segmentation and
so
on.

Jogging
From: aruzinsky on
On Apr 11, 2:32 pm, MBALOVER <mbalov...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if you guys know any paper or book chapter discussing
> optimal linear prediction for 2D or more specifically for image
> processing?
>
> I tried to look for it in the library in my university but could not
> find it.
>
> Thank you.

"Linear prediction" in 1D signal processing almost always refers to
Autoregressive (AR) signal models. For 2D AR, google '
"autoregression" "image processing" .'