From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:59:31 -0800, The Derfer wrote:

> I get the message "An error occurred transferring the install image to
> your hard drive. You are probably out of disk space."
>
> My system is an i386 Pentium IV with an IDE CDROM drive and a SCSI hard
> drive.
>
> I have tried the "linux allowcddma" trick but it DOES NOT WORK. I
> entered that when I used "tab" to edit the options for "install new
> system"
> on Fedora 12.

How much space did you give to your / partition?
From: J G Miller on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:18:15 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

> How much space did you give to your / partition?

Also, are you 100% certain that the partitions are all mounted
when anaconda tries to install?

From: kiran on
I am holding 1TB HDD with 300GB in raw format which was not yet
formated.
From: kiran on
300GB out 1TB for Linux Red hat 5
From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:10:23 -0800, kiran wrote:

> 300GB out 1TB for Linux Red hat 5

Use the custom partitioner in the installer, don't use the defaults.
partition it as follows,

/ 16Bytes
swap 1X your DRAM size, you can use less if you want, 1G is probably
sufficient.
/home The remainder of your space.