From: Alison on
When making an appointment in calendar, I recently started to receive an
error message saying "unable to save free/busy information; unable to open
free/busy information". I went to the MS help site and it said to run
"outlook.exe/cleanfreebusy" program". I tried to, but I got a message saying
"Microsoft cannot find outlook.exe/cleanfreebusy".
Does anyone know what my next step should be to correct this? Thanks!
From: Ivan T Williams on
....the correct entry should be:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /cleanfreebusy
....but this is based on your version of Outlook...

From: Alison on
I'm not sure what you mean - when I entered what you wrote it (under the
"run" window) it just opened outlook again.
Alison

From: Brian Tillman on
Alison <Alison(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When making an appointment in calendar, I recently started to receive
> an error message saying "unable to save free/busy information; unable
> to open free/busy information". I went to the MS help site and it
> said to run "outlook.exe/cleanfreebusy" program". I tried to, but I
> got a message saying "Microsoft cannot find
> outlook.exe/cleanfreebusy".
> Does anyone know what my next step should be to correct this? Thanks!

You need a space between "outlook.exe" and "/cleanfreebusy"
--
Brian Tillman
From: Brian Tillman on
Alison <Alison(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean - when I entered what you wrote it (under
> the "run" window) it just opened outlook again.

And that's what it should have done, but with regenerated free/busy
information.
--
Brian Tillman